- The selection process is blind and made solely on the qualifications of the applicant from the information provided on the application and required supporting documents
- Selection of Dolphin Scholars is determined by evaluating the following criteria:
a) Academic proficiency
-High School Applicants are evaluated using GPA, class rank, strength of schedule (i.e., honors, Advance Placement courses) and academic programs such as the International Baccalaureate program.
-College Students are evaluated using high school/college GPA, the number of college terms completed and a comparative ranking of the college attended, using Barron's Profile of American Colleges.
b) Extracurricular Activities
c) Community Service
d) 3 references (at least one providing non-academic insight on applicant)
e) Student Essay
Financial Need is considered once a candidate is selected.
COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Online Scholarship Schedule
Scholarship Year 2017
Scholarship Start Date: October 1, 2016
Pre-Qualification Ends: January 1, 2017
Sponsor Service Submission Ends: January 15, 2017
Scholarship Closing Date: March 15, 2017
Candidate Evaluation and Selection: TBD
Award: May 15, 2017
- Once applicant's and sponsor's eligibility is established, the remainder of the application will open. Please refer to the above schedule for deadline dates.
- Students are then given access to the remander of the application. Applicants are given a check list to assist them through the application and are provided with tracking information on the progress of the application.
- Requirements for ALL sections must be met and FINALIZED by the deadline (March 15, 2017) in order for the application to be accepted for presentation to the Scholarship Selection Committee. Application Sections: Applicant's Information, Applicant's Academic Information, Applicant's College Costs, FAFSA, Sponsor Information, DD214 (non-active duty personnel only), DSF Essay and 3 References that must be completed online.
- All supporting documents must be postmarked by the DSF application dealine (March 15, 2017). The following documents are required: SAT/ACT Test Scores (High School and College Freshman Applicants only) submitted directly to DSF by an authorized agency and Official Transcripts received directly from the institution in a sealed envelope or certified transcripts submitted electronically by and anuthorized agency such as Parchment. DSF does not accept copies of transcripts.
FOR TIPS ON COMPLETING THE APPLICATION TAKE A LOOK AT PAGE 5 OF THE JULY DSFORUM NEWSLETTER!!
High School and College applicants are considered separately. The number of new scholarships awarded in each category is proportional to the number of applications received.
All newly selected candidates will be notified by email as well as a letter by May 15.
Dolphin Scholarship Foundation reserves the right to modify the application or selection procedure at its sole discretion. For questions concerning the application process, please contact the Scholarship Administrator at: